Are you seeing 000h on your softener’s screen? Don’t worry, this is super simple to fix. The '000h' code is an alert code, letting you know a wire has been connected upside down. You can fix this yourself in just a few minutes!
1. You’ll start by unplugging the power cord from the outlet.
2. Next you’ll remove the top cover. Click here for more detailed instructions on Removing the Top Cover.
3. Under the lid, you’ll locate the control board and wires (it looks like the picture below.) They may be hidden by a removable plastic cover - if so, squeeze both sides of the cover to remove. You’ll see the Wire Harness - a red plastic connector with 5 wires attached to it: red, white, black, orange, and green.
4. Remove the Wire Harness from the control board, flip it around, and reconnect. Refer to the pictures below for correct and incorrect connection. The red connector should cover the metal prongs completely, sitting flush with the white piece on the control board. The wires should be running away from the board.
5. If you removed a cover from the control board, place it back over it, confirming it's snapped in on both sides.
6. Return the top cover to the unit and plug the power supply back into the outlet. The 000h code should be gone now, you did it!
Please let us know if this article was helpful by voting below.